KTM – Ready to Race The fastest growing motorcycle brand has made entry into India’s emerging Adventure biking segment by launching KTM 390 Adventure on January 2020.
If you are planning to buy this motorcycle then this post will help you out to decide if it suits your budget, style and need. I will be reviewing KTM 390 Adventure in detail and let us see if this Adventure Tourer Worth Your Attention!
Jump to section
- #1: KTM 390 ADVENTURE – KEY FEATURES:
- #2: KTM 390 ADVENTURE – SPECIFICATIONS:
- #3: KTM 390 Adventure Pros And Cons
- #4: FAQs about KTM 390 Adventure:
In India, the motorcycle market is huge, and so is the base of enthusiasts who are keenly interested in the Adventure Tourers.
After getting 2 most affordable bikes in this segment i.e., Himalayan (from Royal Enfield) and Xpulse 200 (from Hero), KTM has sown the seed in the Indian market for its Adventure Tourer The new KTM 390 ADVENTURE.
It was launched in India keeping in mind the objectivity which was to provide an Adventure Tourer, it will directly compete against Himalayan.
Satisfy your restless spirit with the new KTM 390 ADVENTURE. This compact single-cylinder travel-enduro machine has a sporty design attitude, with the comprehensive equipment and proven performance credentials of the KTM ADVENTURE range.
Its versatile ergonomics, smooth power delivery and innovative technology all come together in a comfortable, lightweight package built for those wanting to fit more adventure into their daily lives.
The world these days has started focussing on the ADVs. The bikes which have started getting attention since famous MotoVloggers started using them for their touring purpose have seen a huge demand in the last few years. Many companies have started working on this segment, as it can prove to be popular among the influenced people.
#1: KTM 390 ADVENTURE – KEY FEATURES:
- POWERFUL ENGINE
- COMFORTABLE ERGONOMICS
- GOOD SERVICE EXPERIENCE
- INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY
#2: KTM 390 ADVENTURE – SPECIFICATIONS:
2.1: COLOUR VARIANT:
This bike is available in 2 colour options that are ORANGE & WHITE.
KTM 390 adventure orange colour
KTM 390 adventure white colour
2.2: ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
|Torque 37 Nm||@ 7000 rpm|
|Power||@ 9000 rpm|
|Fuel delivering system||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Engine cooling||Liquid cooling|
|Transmission type||Chain drive|
|Clutch Type||Slipper clutch|
|Gearbox type||Manual Transmission|
|Number of gears||6|
|Number of cylinders||1|
|Emission Standard||Bharat Stage – 6 (BS-6)|
|Valves per cylinder||2|
2.3: FUEL EFFICIENCY
|Fuel tank capacity||14.5 Litres|
|Fuel tank range||280-320 KMs(approx.)|
|Mileage||20-25 km (May vary according to the usage pattern)|
2.4: WHEEL AND TYRE
|Tyre (front)||100/90-R17 Tubeless|
|Tyre (rear)||130/80-R17 Tubeless|
|Tail lamp||LED Tail Lamp|
|Headlamp||LED Head Lamp|
2.6: BRAKES :
|Front Disc||320mm with ABS|
|Rear-1||Piston Floating Calliper|
|Rear Disc||230mm with ABS|
2.7: VERSION DIMENSIONS
|Saddle height||855 mm|
|Ground clearance||200 mm|
|Dry/Kerb weight||158 KGs|
#3: KTM 390 Adventure Pros And Cons
Since every bike has some positive and negative sides, here are certain points you must consider before making your decision of buying this machine.
- Comfortable Ergonomics. In terms of ergonomics, it is expected from each and Adventure segment bike to have comfortable riding stance. This bike also scores pretty well in this department. You won’t face any issues with the riding posture, it is a comfortable tourer.
- Latest Electronics On-Board. The technology department of this machine is well equipped with better technology and the latest electricals.
- Good Service Experience. The Austrian brand promises to provide the top class service experience. This is the area where KTM can win whenever compared with other brands.
- A good combination of both power and affordability factor. The bigger tourers are still a dream for many but if you are a person who is going to hop on the saddle of an Adventure tourer for the first time, this bike can be an option to consider.
- A bit overpriced. Even though it is cheaper than many of the other brands with bigger segment bikes, still it feels like a bit overpriced. If we compare this bike with Himalayan(its direct competition), you will feel it could have been a bit affordable.
- Low Mileage. Having such a powerful heart, expecting higher mileage might be not so practical keeping in mind that the power train has been borrowed from the 390 siblings i.e., Duke 390 and RC 390. You’ll get anywhere around 18-25 KMPL according to your riding style and usage pattern.
- No Spoke Wheels. The standard ADV is expected to have spoke wheels, but this bike doesn’t get them. The off-roading can still be done, but not that much as it could’ve done with spoke wheels.
- Limited Colour Options. The bike is available in just 2 colour options i.e., Orange and White(Standard colours from KTM). The black colour was also expected.
#4: FAQs about KTM 390 Adventure:
1: What are the colours available in KTM 390 Adventure?
This bike is available in 2 colour options that are Orange and White.
2: What is the ex-showroom price of KTM 390 Adventure in India?
The ex-showroom price of KTM 390 Adventure is from ₹2.98 Lakhs onwards.
3: What is the mileage of KTM 390 Adventure?
It will give you anywhere around 18 – 25 KMPL(May differ according to the usage pattern)
4: Who are the Competitors of KTM 390 Adventure?
The competition of this bike is limited to very few bikes, that are:
1. Royal Enfield Himalayan
2. Hero xpulse
3. Benelli TRK 502
Find more info on bikesquadron.com
5: What is KTM 390 adventure seat height?
The seat height of KTM 390 Adventure is 855 mm which is pretty decent among adventure tourer motorcycle segment.